Can a wedding really be complete without flowers? We say that’s a definite no! But that doesn’t mean you have to spend an arm and a leg on flowers. Check out this guide for the ultimate list of floral tips.
When it comes to flowers, you usually get what you pay for. But you can get a lot more bang for your buck with a little creativity. Try these flawless floral tips for the best deal:
- Make your flowers do double duty by moving your ceremony flowers to the reception area. Many florists will do this for you for only a small charge.
- If your flower budget is tiny, try purchasing flowers from a warehouse and then arranging them yourself two days before your wedding. This can even be fun if you turn it into a party with your bridesmaids.
- For low-cost centerpieces, try using just a flower or two, then surrounding your flowers with mirrors and candles – twice as lovely, but half the price.
- For easy centerpieces that don’t require a florist, purchase floral arrangements from your local grocery store two days before your wedding. This gives the flowers sufficient time to bloom, and gives you professional flower arrangements at an affordable price.
- If you need to save money with a florist, opt for local flowers that are currently in-season.
Choosing the Right Flowers
Getting your budget under control is only half the battle. For the most gorgeous wedding possible, you need to choose the right flowers. For a flawless floral look, follow these tips:
- Pick flowers that match – or at least don’t clash with – your wedding theme. Yellow roses are lovely, but will look strange with a blue or red theme.
- Choose flowers that have some significance to you. If your dearly departed grandmother loved daffodils, make them a centerpiece of your bouquet.
- Choose a variety of flowers instead of just one type, for a more interesting and textured bridal bouquet.
- Choose flowers that match your body type. Small women can be overwhelmed by large flowers such as lilies and larger women can look bigger next to small flowers such as miniature roses, so pick flowers that complement your body.
Preserving Floral Memories
After a gorgeous bouquet has become your go-to accessory, it can be hard to give it up. You don’t have to, though! Consider preserving your floral bouquet for a wedding souvenir that will last a lifetime. Many florists offer this service for a relatively inexpensive price. If you’re not willing to go that far, though, at least ensure you get several good pictures of your bouquet and each of your flower arrangements.